The 2018 NTSA Elite Advisor Award Honorees (left to right): Kent Schutte, CFP® ChFC, CLU, TGPC; Shane Hall, RFC; and Christina Winters Gears, AIF®
The NTSA Elite Advisor Award recognizes the contributions of advisors who, by their actions and example, have advanced best practice standards in the 403(b) and/or 457 retirement industry, and in so doing, have improved the ability of American workers to build a successful retirement. The winners of the 2018 award are:
- Shane Hall, Shane Hall Financial, Amarillo, TX
- Kent Schutte, EFS Advisors, Cambridge, MN
- Christina Winters Gears, Creating and Managing Wealth, LLC, Irving, TX
Who is Eligible?
In order to be considered, advisors must have been:
- active for five (5) or more years as an advisor servicing 403(b) and/or 457 retirement plans;
- an NTSA advisor member for at least three years (including the award year);
- responsible for $25 million or more in retirement assets, namely 403(b), 457 and IRAs;
- licensed for securities and insurance; and
- in good standing with FINRA and SEC.
Note: The Elite Award Judging Committee members, the NTSA Leadership Council and the NTSA 403(b) Masters Summit steering committee are ineligible to be nominated for the NTSA Elite Advisor Award in their year(s) of service in these roles. NTSA Elite Advisor Award recipients for a particular award year are ineligible for five subsequent award years.
How Are NTSA Elite Advisor Award Winners Recognized?
- Recognition at the NTSA 403(b) Masters Summit, along with a framed certificate
- Publicity on the NTSA Net web portal
- Press release/announcement, both locally and nationally
- Social event at the NTSA annual meeting
- Full-page biography in NTSA Elite Advisor Award directory
- A discount on the NTSA annual meeting registration fee for the next year
How Are Individuals Nominated?
Nominations are submitted electronically; click here for the nomination form. The window for 2018 NTSA Elite Advisor Award nominations is now closed. Please check back to find out when the window for 2019 NTSA Elite Advisor Award nominations opens.
Eligible candidates may be nominated for the NTSA Elite Advisor Award by:
- a NTSA Strategic Partner
- a NTSA member who knows of their criteria and industry works
Additional information on the nomination and judging process for the NTSA Elite Advisor Award is available here.